Holy Mission PVP/PVE Fantasy Mud

Hi all

Holy Mission, a mud starting at 1992 is still up :slight_smile:
We currently have a quite good established playerbase (almost 20 accounts online from time to time) but are always looking for new Players. We have
-) Tolkien / ADnD setting
-) Faction based PvP
-) Lots of PVE Content
-) Thousands of rooms, mostly original
-) Challenging quests
-) Endless amount of fun
-) Active development (Based on player feedback)
-) Free to play
-) Always growing Homepage with lots of Mud Content (PVP Warlist, Ingame Time, Hallo of Heroes, Newbie guide, Special Guides e.g.: How to forge dragonscale equipment, …)

Just visit us at holy-mission.org 81 or http://www.holy-mission.org

Okay, so I visited your website, and I’m wondering if this is a linguistic thing, like an accidental oversite/misunderstanding, or… something more sinister.

But it says your full game name is “Holy War - Whitties vs Darkies”. Which I have no clue what “Whittiies” might be, so I’m reading it as “Whiteys”. Whites vs Darkies makes you sound like a bunch of neo-nazis. I’m not trying to be accusatory here, but you might want to seriously reconsider that name setup.

Hi Ortallus,
Thanks for the feedback,
In fact there is nothing nazi like.
Whitties are the “good” races (Humans, High elves, dwarfs and halflings) who fight against the Darkies “bad” races (duergars, trolls, orcs and drow elves)

But I am going to add this to the description to make it very clear!

You may still consider renaming “Whitties” to something like “Lightsiders” or something. I know name changes suck, but it also sucks having your naming conventions accidentally sound like racist terminology.

I saw that. A theme based on the classic “forces of light against forces of darkness” is very appealing to me, but naming them “whitey and darky”, or any other variant of such spelling, sounds blatantly racist. You should seriously consider a change of terminology.