Favourite God Wars based Mud

This one’s for the God Wars players out there.

Back in the late 90s, early 100s there was over 100 God Wars based muds listed on TMC, compared to the 20 or so listed today.

Which was your favourite God Wars Mud?
Who were the coders?
Which codebase did you prefer?
What did it have that you liked?
How long ago did you play it?
What was the best feature?
Would you still be playing it today (if it no longer exists)?

Trying to gauge some interest in some kind of old school God Wars based mud and whether anyone would be interested in playing.

obviously 100s should’ve have read 00’s, no way to edit posts on this software?

I think I already had this conversation with you on one of your hosted GWs.

I’m still not entirely sure which one it was for me - probably Rogue Edition. I didn’t know the developers - I just know it was around for a long time. it was extremely ‘hardcore’ as far as GW muds go (difficult to get xp, elemental canyon was actually ‘hard’ for a long time, scripting was illegal) but it had well-coded Dragons w/ a age training system (one of the best parts) and a really active community. I have fond memories of it, even if basically everyone that played it was an asshole :wink:

I played it for years. I’m sure I’d still stop in if it was around, or one like it was around - but there’s nothing out there with that classic GW feel anymore. You can sorta get it by running one of the stock codebases from the mudmagic respository…but it can’t be the same without the other players.